Dahl medal is the highest award presented by Dahlia Society of Australia.
There can only be a maximum of 5 medals held by living recipients at any one time.
It is presented to an individual from any DSA affiliated dahlia society after an extensive selection process, the selection criteria listed below.
- Has contributed greatly to dahlias in Australia
- Promotes the dahlia
- Contributes to the management of societies
- Supports dahlia shows
- Introduces dahlias of quality
- Encourages new society members
- Mentor to prospective new members/growers
- Presentation for meetings
- Writes publications and articles for news letters
- Involved in judging
- Is an ambassador for the dahlia